Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate: 9 Tips You Need to Know Before Starting
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate: 9 Tips You Need to Know Before Starting
Monster Hunter is one of those series that is quite daunting for new players, but it shouldn’t have to be. Follow these tips and you’ll be one step closer to becoming the Monster Hunter of your dreams!
Gaijin Hunter’s Excellent videos:
Bow Tutorial ■ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuz9UK3ISRs
Heavy/Light Bowgun Tutorial ■ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au74GuEKn8A
Check out our full site: http://www.nintendolife.com
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nintendolife
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nintendolife
#MonsterHunter #MHGU #MonsterHunterSwitch
I’m horribly late, but a few tips I have for newer players are minor things, though some are pretty important online.
1) Placement is key! If you’re using a blunt weapon (Hammer or Hunting Horn), always go for the monster’s face if you can! Blunt weapons can knock the monster out and stun them, and it’s very valuable for those extra hits! I believe Sword & Shield can also get KOs on the monster, but I’m not 100% sure on that. If you’re using a cutting type weapon (Dual Blades or Long Sword for example), your priority is the tail if it can be cut. Cutting off the tail of a monster means more carves, which is a good thing! Tripping your teammates can also happen if everyone is attacking from the same spot at once, so try to spread out a little so you don’t loose out on damage when a monster is knocked down! It’s never fun to have your big attacks/combos invalidated because someone keeps hitting you out of it, so don’t do it to others! If you’re playing with a Hammer or Hunting Horn main, stay out of their way and let them get KOs! If you just got launched into the air by a teammate, keep smacking the attack button, you may still hit the monster in an aerial combo and potentially mount it!
2) Speaking of the tail, don’t try to carve it while the monster is active in the same area! You’re very likely to take huge damage while you attempt to carve, some monsters having at least two carves on the tail when cut. Wait until either the monster leaves the area or is dead/captured before carving!
3) You ever see the big mushroom-shaped ships in the sky? Use the Wave gesture while facing them, and they’ll show you where the monster is currently located on your map! This can only be one once per hunt, but it’s helpful and saves you a Psychoserum!
4) This goes without saying, but always upgrade your gear! High Rank and G Rank, maybe even late Low Rank, will punish you pretty badly if you’re not getting better armor and weapons. The grind can be a pain, but it’s very much worth it in the end!
5) Don’t be a deserter! Whether you carted in a hunt, time is running out, or any number of factors, don’t abandon your teammates! Everyone carts or fails a quest every now and then, there’s no reason to cause your teammates to struggle needlessly by deserting them. And for those who experience desertions, don’t give up right away if you still have teammates with you! There’s always a chance of the hunt turning out to be a success! I personally continue to fight on despite desertions, regardless of failure or not. I wonder if deserters ever start feeling guilty when their teammates don’t abandon the quest with them…
I was very happy to learn that I could simply return my game to Amazon for a full refund, rather than try to pawn it off on eBay or something. Made things very easy for me.
The mh community is just so great dinding out any yet so slight detail about the games.
The game isnt even playable text box to name a character wont even pop up no matter what button I press/key I strike on my keyboard
What the hell is this guy saying, is he speaking English? What kind of broken English is this, I had one drink and I can’t make out what he’s saying. Is this an April fools joke? Bring back that funny looking overweight nerdy guy with the glasses, he’s funny to look at which makes the content better and I can actually understand him… get it moving before this channel goes to shit.
Is this the same as the 3ds version?
The only way i got introduced to mh i had to use my bog brain
*lost an arm after killing a very big boss*
Mayor: thank you! Here "3000" gold
for anyone that needs an offline reference for the game
this app on the Google play store is your new best friend
Nice little intro! I would suggest doing all the low rank quests, as they should be quite gentle and are geared toward teaching the basics
for anyone that needs an offline solution this app is your best friend
I finally bought this game and hope to understand it.
Newbie: i’m so noob, let’s search some guide
me: github, plugins, save editor, codes
Who wouldn’t play as a prowler love bring a cute kitty
One of my friends says I shouldn’t get this since I’m a solo player on Switch, he says its too hard to solo run a Monster Hunter game. Idk what to do because I saw this game on sale and I’m interested in getting it.
100 hours almost at g rank all Solo… I cant stahp
Recently got this game
the likes are at 999. I could be the one-thousandth like. I never knew I had such potential.
Your tip about the keyboard is rubbish..since you can only type in the hub. Not in a hunt.
Dive on in!
So apparently the demo for this game is really bad, but the actual game is good? Can anyone offer me some opinions on this?
what a fucking trash game, bought it, played 5 hours and i’m done, so slow, invisible walls everywhere, really ugly look to it, extremely boring… I really tried to like it and it’s pathetic
Do people still play this online?
Bash them in the brain
Hammer is my main
Also… please quit hating on prowler mains… I promise we aren’t all herb horn spammers that expect to be carried. Many of us have learned to optimize our boomerangs, attacks, and dodges. And in ultimate beast mode can be used to get some great dps. Please don’t let the noobs using it as an easy mode taint your opinion of the actual mains.
also, prowler is only simpler on the surface. so many fine points
I want to give this game another try. I had it for the 3DS, but soon got rid of it because i felt it should be best enjoyed on a larger console. Now is my moment to get it. And also hopefully ill have a better idea of how to play the game after watching this.
I haven’t played since starting the tutorials, but after watching this I’m interested again.
"Search the internet for the materials guys"
Pshhh it seems like someone doesn’t carve at least a bit in every quest and accumulates the bast knowledge of mineral and bug locations in his brain as a true hunter would.
Don’t listen to tip number two just use pings
is there any kind of visual aid for the crit distance thing, like does the line change colour or anything like that, please?
also what would be a good weapon to pick up first as a new comer? I played world a little bit and really liked the hammer. I know it was a noob weapon, but not only this, but I liked the playstyle and I was alright at smashing heads with it. I take it the hammer will be way-different in this game though, as I know "world" had a lot of more simplified mechanics.
Can I play this game without playing online?
How anyone use guns and bows in monster hunter is unreal. That reloading crap is crap. Just slash. Yes I’m a black man…
I’d use the internet if I knew what to look for. I really just want a guide that gives me an *idea* how to figure things out, such as elemental weaknesses or how injury and fatigue worl, but *without* just outright telling me how these things work.
I basically need to be pointed in the right direction, but still want to figure out the answers myself as much as I can. It’s just kinda hard to figure something out if you don’t even know what sort of things you’re supposed to be looking for.
We should play online nidendo life I’m lenuxgreed!!!!
My only complaint is that, I can’t use the left trigger as the aim button when using a range weapon. I find it weird and uncomfortable using the right trigger for the aim.
Didn’t help at all. 🙁 I’m so lost. I have done the first tutorial but I have no idea what to keep and what to sell and the whole seems like a complicated mess!
Hey Alex, how much would it cost me for you to just kinda follow me around and narrate my life for me? I think that would be just too cool. Oh, and you’d be required to say "waffling" at least once a day, too. Hope you’re ok with that.
I play this on my 3ds and i love it!!
Playing as a palico is not subpar to a hunter, you can go threw the most difficult content if you build properly. Also You said it would be simpler to do cat but a base cat does practically nothing and building a cat is one of the most complicated things to learn in mhgu!!!! Plz give more well informed information to new player we want then to stay!!!!
I’ve played 3 monster hunter games before this one , mh3u 4u and world, and I still don’t know what the hell’s going on.
Does anyone remember Monster Hunter G on PSP? so love that game…
my keyboard is wireless. I wonder if I plug in the wireless thing, it will also work on the switch? I should probs just buy a wired keyboard. my current desk doesn’t support cables though. I’d have to get the drill out. TBH I just need a new desk though so I can fit on a 2nd monitor. must make shopping list.
any recommendations for desks that can fit 2 monitors, but also not massive? I’d like something compact, but also big, so probably something quite angular. never bought a desk before, so have no idea. ha ha.
Tip for beginners –
If there’s something of interest in the area you are in, or if you want to get your palicos to come to your location, press the button that brings up your menu in game, and press x.
This sends a ping to where you are at.